Motor cars for children
Children’s motor cars are becoming very popular among the little ones as one of the favorite toys for fun in their daily games. The boom of this type of motorized toys among the youngest is increasing at the same time as among adults with electric vehicles.
The sales of electric vehicles have shot up this last year all over Europe, although in Spain we are still green in this sense about 9000 electric cars were registered.
Of these 9000 electric cars registered in Spain the brand that has sold more is Renault and, since they have different models driven electrically, and not like other brands that only have an electric vehicle in its catalog, like BMW that has large electric vehicles plug talk as their two and five series and in third position we have Nissan.
The same has happened in the market for children’s electric motor cars, as toy electric cars have evolved quite a bit in recent years.
No longer are these rigid cars made with plastic wheels and batteries and motors with a short range and little power, but toy cars are made with motors capable of reaching 10 km/h and carrying weights of up to 100 kilos.
The batteries used for these electric cars are batteries with greater autonomy, and the finishes of the cars make them exact replicas of real adult models. And many of them already incorporate extras that make these cars very attractive toys and that children do not want to get out of these cars.
These battery-operated toy cars for children come with a recharging system that depending on the type and number of batteries can take between one hour and four hours to fully charge. The speed of the motors is usually limited to maintain the safety of the youngest, as some models mount 45 W motors AND there are adult electric bicycles with smaller motors that develop speeds of up to 25 and 30 km/h.
Children’s motor car models
Within the range of motor cars for children we can find models of motor cars for children from sports cars, jeeps, buggies, trucks, vintage cars, vans, etc. There are replicas of all models and with different engine options and finishes practically, where some electric cars for children are true works of art. Another market that also has great potential and is still booming is that of toy electric motorcycles for children.
Best children’s motor cars
Do you want to know which are the best motor cars for children? Normally in all houses children tend to imitate the older ones, as they see them as references. This is why electric motor cars for children are undoubtedly toys that should not be missing from any gift list.
Tips to find out which children’s electric car to buy
Before we see the best models of motor cars for children, let’s consider those aspects that we must take into account before buying a children’s electric car.
What features influence the choice of one battery-powered children’s car model over another? How safe are these electric toy vehicles?
- The age of the child is a determining factor, since it is necessary to take into account that in order to drive this type of battery powered car it is not necessary for the child to have special skills or a learning course, since any child can learn on the go without being subjected to any kind of danger. The ideal age for these cars is from 1 to 8 years old.
- The vast majority of models allow parents to control the car by remote control, as if it were a remote-controlled car. It is important to emphasize that if the child is less than 2 years old, he or she can use any battery-powered toy car without any problem, as long as an adult is not supervising and maintaining control over the controls of the car. These models of the child’s motor car come with the parent’s remote control and are usually not much more expensive than non-radio controls.
- Number of seats. Depending on each model we can find on the market electric children’s cars with one or two seats. If we want our son or daughter to play with his or her friend or if he or she has a sibling who is in age, we can choose to buy a two-seater car as the fun together with a friend or sibling will always be more fun.
- The model of the car to choose depends on the tastes of each person, and in this case the father or mother unless the child has already an age with enough personality to choose the one he or she likes best.
- The maximum speed of children’s battery powered cars usually ranges from 3 to 8 km/h, depending on the type of batteries and engine they are made of.
- Type of motor and battery voltage. Both motor power and car battery voltage are usually standard. We will always bear in mind that the higher the voltage and the higher the motor power, the higher the speed and the more power the car will provide.
- The battery charging time of any child battery powered car is usually between 1 and 12 hours depending on the type and capacity of the battery. It is important to keep this in mind.
- The autonomy of the child electric motor car, as is normal, although it also depends on the motor it brings, since the greater the power of the motor the sooner it will consume the battery charge, it depends on the capacity of the battery. Depending on the model we choose, we can have an autonomy from one hour to two hours of uninterrupted operation.
- The models of cars to the engine for children are increasingly sophisticated and realistic, and come to incorporate sounds, front and rear lights, bluetooth, speakers, radio Fm, MP3, door opening, imitation sound of starting, indicators …